There is a saying that you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince. This has been our experience with other coffee makers….from Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Programmable Cone Coffeemaker, Black to Black & Decker to everything in-between. Finally we decided to bite-the-bullet and buy a Bunn. The Bunn BXT-B is not for everyone and if you don’t plan on brewing a pot every few days you may shun the fact that the Bunn is always on – it really is an expense.
One thing to recognize – please follow the initial set-up guide (I briefly describe it in the video) if you do NOT follow the initial set-up you will likely ruin your Bunn and void your warranty.
Things that I like
– Brew coffee fast…. like 3-minutes fast – I have time to brew a *few* pots in the morning prior to going to work.
– Great Taste – much better than the traditional drip-through method.
– The thermal carafe is awesome – Bunn states that it will keep the coffee hot for 90 minutes, but I find it drinkable for much longer than that.
– Doesn’t steam while brewing – makes it much safer for my cabinets
– Hot water on Demad – just pout the desired amount of water into the top and catch the hot water at the bottom (great for tea….. although it may be a touch warm for hot chocolate).
– Bunn quality – I expect to own this thing for 10 years
Things that you should know PRIOR to purchasing
– Again, this thing is always on… always pulling electricity
– Requires Bunn filters
– You probably will want to buy whole bean coffee such as Batdorf & Bronson Kenya AA, Whole Bean Coffee, 12-Ounce Bags (Pack of 3) and using a burr grinder. I use a cheap one Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill but it works well
– You may want to use filtered water
– Does require an occasional cleaning
– It is higher/taller than a standard coffee maker – save yourself some grief and make sure that you have a minimum of 16″ clearance
– The tank remains warm o the touch..always
– I would HIGHLY recommend in spending the extra $$$ and buying the thermal carafe – absolutely worth the extra expense
– Not programmable at all – no clock or fancy electronics on the Bunn BTX-B. It simply brews coffee
Final Verdict – If you make at least a pot a day of coffee this is likely to be an investment that will pay major dividends. Easily the best coffee maker that I have ever used.
Check out the Adventures of The Assistant and Wiggles! It is our animated series featuring the Assistant, her Dog Wiggles, and science experiements! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoLQ9unpi4OHbJtfVcfgDIoyZw75FHF-E #Familyfun #Familyfunforeveryone #Theengineeringfamily
View original source video by clicking here